Bespoke Software: The Pros
- Bespoke Software is unique. It is designed to meet your specific needs and your company’s unique requirements. You can decide the budget and control the pace of the development of the software.
- Bespoke Software applications offer many advantages over standard, off-the-shelf software as they can be developed to fit the way that your business operates.
- Bespoke Software can develop with your business. On an ongoing basis it can be updated and fine tuned to your current specific needs, providing performance benefits you could not expect from off-the-shelf software.
- Bespoke Software is easy to use. It works the way you want it to work. You are in control. You make the changes you require when you require them.
- Bespoke Software increases productivity. Customised applications increase productivity by automating repetitive tasks.
- Bespoke Software gives you a competitive edge. The use of a professionally developed Bespoke Software application can give you a significant business advantage over your competition. We have many talented software developers who don’t just take down your requirements, but they actively and significantly add value to your company by suggesting alternatives, improvements, refinements, and by acting as IT partners to your firm.
Bespoke Software: The Cons
- Get references. There are many one-man bands and small companies advertising themselves as software houses, and they may be good, but can they tackle your project – on time and on budget? Ask for references and speak to their customers. Don’t risk unstable software. If it’s not developed to professional Best Practice standards it may be unstable, unreliable and full of bugs, so choose your developers very carefully.
- If you do not have the source code to the application in which you have invested you are dangerously exposed. You are also completely dependent on the incumbent developers’ continuing existence and good will. Make sure before you finally select a developer that they agree to write into the development contract that they will provide you with the source code.
- It will cost more. Bear in mind that you can expect to pay more for a bespoke solution, but false economy can have long term detrimental effects on your business.
Please call the Sales Team on 03333 447 300 to discuss your requirements